About Warner Robins Social Security Office
The Warner Robins Social Security Office determines eligibility and pays benefits to those entitled to survivor benefits.
Determines eligibility and pays benefits to the entitled legally blind.
Determines eligibility and pays retirement benefits to those entitled aged 62 and older.Hours: Monday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PMTuesday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PMWednesday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PMThursday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PMFriday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PMSaturday ClosedSunday ClosedLocation: When coming from I-75 on Watson Blvd, turn right onto Carl Vinson Pkwy. The office is the second facility on the left after crossing Leverette Rd.
Social Security Atlanta Region Georgia Area
- Highest rating: 4
- Lowest rating: 1
- Descriptions: Georgia Area Macon. Milledgeville. Morrow Newnan. Rome. Savannah Statesboro. Thomasville. Tifton Toccoa. Valdosta. Vidalia Villa Rica. Warner Robins.
- More : Georgia Area Macon. Milledgeville. Morrow Newnan. Rome. Savannah Statesboro. Thomasville. Tifton Toccoa. Valdosta. Vidalia Villa Rica. Warner Robins.
Bring A List Of Questions
It can be intimidating to sit down with a Claims Specialist when you have limited time and are unfamiliar with the SSA application process. For this reason, everyone should bring a list of questions.
Give some thought to what you dont understand about the disability or retirement process, and write it down. There is no such thing as a dumb question!
Your goal is to make sure everything gets answered. Some examples of good questions to ask if you are applying for disability:
- Should I apply for SSI or SSDI? Whats the difference?
- Where do I apply?
- How long will it take for me to find out the decision?
- What medical information will I need?
- What information do I need to show my work history?
- What are work credits?
- What documents will I need to prove my income?
- What documents will I need to prove my resources?
Recommended Reading: Social Security Office In Springfield Mass
What Is The Procedure For Applying For Social Security Disability Benefits In Warner Robins
SSD was created as part of the federal Social Security Act. The act includes several programs to ensure that people can still receive an income when they are no longer able to work for a living. The most well- known of these is the retirement program that offers benefits beginning at age 62. But Social Security also helps people who can no longer hold a job because of a medical condition. Social Security disability benefits can help you remain in your home, pay your monthly bills and take care of your family.
Many people are confused about what Social Security disability is. Here are some important things to know about the program:
- It is not a handout. You probably know that you can collect Social Security when you retire because you paid Social Security taxes throughout your working life. SSD works the same wayyou have a right to benefits because you paid for them.
- Any disability can qualify, as long as it keeps you from working. You dont have to be injured on the job. Any illness, disease or injury can qualify, no matter where or how it happened.
- You must have a long enough work history. SSD benefits are only available if you worked regularly and paid Social Security taxes over the past 10 years. However, your work history doesnt have to be continuousyou can have periods of unemployment or work part time and still qualify. If you dont have the work history needed for SSD, you may still qualify for a similar program if you have a low enough income.
An Office Visit Is Worth Your Time
Many people find that visiting the SSA office is the best way to get the help they need, and this is especially true of people who are unfamiliar with computers or the internet. The Claims Specialists are trained to answer questions about the process, and are there to help you with the most common reasons people visit the office: Social Security Disability applications, retirement benefits, and Social Security cards.
Its worth the time to go to the field office, but be sure to make an appointment, come prepared, ask questions, and find out what your next move is.
Don’t Miss: Can Your Social Security Check Be Garnished
Social Security Office Holidays
The Social Security Office in Warner Robins observes all federal holidays and will be closed during that time. Here’s a list of all holidays that the office will be closed:New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Social Security Administration Services
The Social Security Administration in Warner Robins, GA will help you navigate several federal programs that include retirement, SSI, Medicare and disability benefits. Your local Social Security Office can help accept applications, determine your eligibility for various programs, hear appeals if your request was denied, and also can assist individuals trying to access their benefits. All of these and more are available at this location at 220 Carl Vinson Pkwy , Warner Robins, Georgia.
Also Check: Social Security Office Muskogee Ok
How Do I Apply For Disability Benefits
If you need to apply for disability benefits, you have a few options. You can apply online, over the phone, or at your local office. The online application is the quickest and easiest way, but the other methods are available should you need them. Should you need to apply over the phone, simply call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 .
Warner Robins Georgia Social Security Office Helpful Tips And Advice
- Schedule an Appointment at the Warner Robins SSA Office Call 1-866-931-7084 during business hours and schedule your appointment. The Warner Robins Office representative will be able to set you up with an appointment. You will save a lot of time by scheduling an appointment instead of simply walking in unannounced.
- Dont be late! The Warner Robins, Georgia Social Security Office has limited resources so please be punctual when you set an appointment. We urge all our visitors to attempt to take care of their needs online and over the phone if at all possible.
- Bring All Relevant Documentation You can find what documents are needed for each scenario online. If you are still unsure, please call your Warner Robins office and confirm what documentation is required. You will save yourself a lot of time by being prepared. The following documents are typically required: social security card, birth certificate, residency documentation, income documentation, proof of citizenship or eligible noncitizen status.
Also Check: Social Security Cola Increase 2023
Calendar Your Ssa Appointment
Making an appointment is simple: call 1-800-772-1213 Monday through Friday between 7 am and 7 pm. The best time to call is first thing in the morning or in the last hour of the day, from 6-7 pm.
An SSA employee will give you a call back if you leave a message before the office opens at 9 am. Set up your appointment, and do your best to keep it. The sooner you get there, the faster you can begin your application process. Write the date and time in your calendar and make it a priority.
How To Set Up Direct Deposit For My Benefits
To set up a Direct deposit you can log into your my Social Security account and enroll from your account.
Follow the steps below to set up Direct Deposit through your my Social Security account:
Using Direct Deposit protects your payments and saves time. To learn what direct deposit involves, the security features it offers, and all methods of applying for Direct Deposit read How To Get Direct Deposit Set Up For My Social Security Benefits.
You May Like: What If You Lose Your Social Security Card
How To Apply For My Benefits
When applying for any kind of benefits you need to check the qualifying criteria, your income level, your citizenship, as well as other factors. You need to contact the Social Security Administration to set up an appointment, provide the correct documents, and fill out the application form.
Depending on the benefits you apply for the process could be slightly different. However most benefits applications include the following steps:
Application Process For Specific Social Security Benefits
I have written in-depth articles on the application process involved for each of the SSAs benefits. Each article covers who qualifies, the documents you need to collect, the application form, the wait time, and what to do once you are approved:
- To learn how you can apply for Retirement benefits please click this link. You will be directed to an informative article I have written to answer relevant questions about applying for retirement benefits.
- To learn more about applying for Disability benefits please click here. This article covers who is eligible and how you can apply.
Tips On Approaching An Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorneys experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
Also Check: Social Security Office East Liberty
What Kind Of Documentation Do I Need To Bring
The documentation that you need to bring along varies depending on what it is you are trying to do. At a minimum, you will need some form of identification. This might be a driver’s license, U.S. Passport, or state-issued non-driver’s identification card. You might also need your current Social Security card and even your birth certificate. It is usually best to take everything you can even if you are not sure whether you need it. It is better to carry documentation that is not needed than to arrive without the proper documentation.
Frequently Asked Questions At Warner Robins Georgia Office
- Are Social Security Offices affected by Coronavirus ?
All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- How do I apply for Social Security disability benefits?
Social Security offers an online online disability application. Contact your local Social Warner Robins, Georgia Security office.
- How do I change or correct my name on my Social Security card?
There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free. The same applies once you receive the I-766 card, Employment Authorization Document , from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and bring required evidence. Learn More About Required Documents.
- How do I get a new or replacement Social Security Card?
If your Social Security card is lost or stolen you can replace it through the Social Security Administration website www.ssa.gov, or by visiting your local Warner Robins, Georgia SSA office or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office.
- Can I schedule an appointment with the Warner Robins, Georgia Social Security office?
The SSA does not have an online appointment scheduler.
- How do I find out my Social Security benefits?
Sign up for your “My Social Security” account online to review your information, apply for benefits and manage your account. Visit www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ and select “Create an Account”.
You May Like: How Long Does It Take To Apply For Social Security
How Are Work Credits Calculated
To qualify for SSDI, you need to have a valid work history. To determine if your employment record is sufficient, social security reviewers will assign credits to different factors of your previous work experience. You need 40 credits to become eligible. Credits are assigned based on your income, your age, and how long you worked. The threshold for each of these factors may change each year. For example, you may earn one credit for each $1,000 you made the last year you worked. If youre within a certain age bracket, theyll expect that you worked a certain number of years to earn credit. So if youre say, under 30, you may be required to work only eight years to earn credits, and will get more credits per year than a person over 40 who may be expected to have worked longer and will also get fewer credits per year of work.
Warner Robins Georgia Social Security Office 31088
The Warner Robins Social Security Office location is in Warner Robins, Georgia 31088. This page provides the contact information for this location including the Social Security office phone number, office hours and driving directions.
If you have questions or issues about your retirement Social Security benefits, or you need to schedule an appointment, then call the Warner-Robins Social Security Office listed below. Georgia SSA offices handle several federal programs such as retirement, SSI, Medicare and disability benefits.
Also Check: Social Security Offices In Louisiana
Social Security Office In Warner Robins Ga 31088
The Warner Robins, GA Social Security Office #C92 is located at 220 CARL VINSON PKWY in the 31088 zip code area. It serves all Warner Robins and Houston County residents and can be reached at .
This Social Security Office Administration in Warner Robins, GA can provide help with disability benefits, Social Security benefits, new Social Security card, temporary and replacement Social Security card for a lost card, and more.
What Documents Do I Need To Apply For Social Security
Documents the Social Security Administration may ask for include:
Read Also: Social Security Office On Crenshaw
How Can I Check My Social Security Benefits
The easiest way to check your benefits is by logging into your My Social Security account online through www.SSA.gov. Once you get logged into your account, you can view benefit statements, benefit estimates, earnings history, and the status of any pending applications. That site should be your go-to for any information related to your Social Security account.
How To Find The Correct Application Forms
Once you have researched applying for benefits and collected the required documents you will need to complete the application form.
. This article covers the forms you will need when applying for retirement benefits, child benefits, survivors benefits, mothers and fathers benefits, and lump-sum death benefits.
Also Check: Social Security Office In Kennett Missouri
Warner Robins Social Security Office Ga 220 Carl Vinson Pkwy
- Highest rating: 4
- Lowest rating: 1
- Descriptions: Warner Robins Social Security Office. 220 Carl Vinson Pkwy Warner Robins, GA 31088 Phone. 866-931-7084 Fax. 597-0064 Instagram. Go To Instagram
- More : Warner Robins Social Security Office. 220 Carl Vinson Pkwy Warner Robins, GA 31088 Phone. 866-931-7084 Fax. 597-0064 Instagram. Go To Instagram
How Do I Apply For Security Benefits
The application process is a necessary step when trying to receive retirement or disability benefits. The application can be done online, in person, or over the phone. You will need your Social Security number and other required documentation to complete your application. The local office can help you identify the information you need to complete the application.
Also Check: Social Security Office San Francisco
Social Security Office In Warner Robins Ga
This locator page provides all social security office locations in Warner Robins, GA as well as all social security offices within 75 miles of Warner Robins, GA. There are a total of 1 social security offices located directly in Warner Robins, as well as 7 SSA office department locations within a 75 miles radius. For each Social Security office location in Warner Robins, Georgia, you can find details such as phone number, address and working hours.
Warner Robins, GA Social Security Administration can provide help with disability benefits, Social Security benefits, new Social Security card, temporary and replacement Social Security card for a lost card, and more.
Social Security Office Near Warner Robins, Georgia
23.1 miles away from Warner Robins, GA
41.6 miles away from Warner Robins, GA
42.4 miles away from Warner Robins, GA
46.2 miles away from Warner Robins, GA
60.0 miles away from Warner Robins, GA
66.5 miles away from Warner Robins, GA
Warner Robins Ga Social Security Card Name Change Process
If you have legally changed your name you need to update your social security card. Some common situations where you would need to update your social security card include marriage, divorce, after becoming a naturalized citizen or you have legally changed your name. When you have changed your name legally, even just your last name, it is important that your social security card is updated so that your future social security benefits from the SSA do not run into issues.
Below we have listed the basic steps to a social security card name change in Warner Robins GA:
You May Like: How Much Do Veterans Get For Social Security